Cherry Blossoms

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Arrival to Japan 3-22-12


Hubby took me to airport this morning on March 21st to leave on a trip to Japan.  I am so thankful for my hubby, he got my bag   My luggage was 3 lbs. over and they did not make me pay or get my luggage down to 50 lbs.  yeah.  I was already hauling around a back pack that weighed 20 lbs. and really did not want to put anything more into it.  The lady just warned me about the 50lb limit.
I needed some coffee so now we are on our way to find a cup of Jo and wait on Hitomi to get here.  I texted her and she is here so I should see her soon.  I am happy to see her and her hubby arrive.  I was impressed she had brought 2 50 lb  bags.  If I would have known I also would have divided the weight up and not have carried so much in back pack.  Dang........oh well.

  After Hitomi is checked in we all walked down to Tim Horton's and Taka got his breakfast and coffee.  We all sat and talked a while and then Marlon had to leave to go to work.  Not long after that Hitomi and I left to get ourselves through security.  It's nice being with her because she has special ticket for marked priority.  I have never had priority boarding but since I'm with her I got the benefit also.  The gate we had to walk to was at the very end of the terminal.  Didn't have to wait long and we boarded the plane and are on our way to Chicago.
After we touched down in Chicago we found our terminal and knew we had a 3 hour wait. There was a food court near us so we decided to get us a iced latte.  Together we chatted on our phones and played on the internet on our phones.

Before it was time to board the plane our terminal location was moved to next door.  After moving to new area I heard my name being called. Hitomi and I went to counter to see what they wanted.  We ended up getting 2 seats on the side rather seats in the middle of a row of 5.  This would make this 13 hour flight so much better.  When it was time  to board again they let me board  with Hitomi because she had priority seating.  During the flight I felt like if I wasn't eating I was sleeping or watching one of the new released movies.
My first meal on plane was ok, we even got free wine or beer slitting in economy seating, which was great.
 The time went by fast and I am looking out the airplane window and we are entering Japan.















Boy am I smiling to be in this beautiful country.
Inside Narita airport I am now getting ready to go through customs and immigration.
Paperwork completed and waiting in very long line to get through the scary ordeal of getting into Japan. No problem getting into Japan, they took my picture and scanned my fingerprints then checked my paperwork, all is good and I'm now actually in Japan.
Met Hitomi~san on the other side of the gate  and together we to baggage terminal to find our luggage.  Hitomi got my bus ticket to Utsunomiyia which is a 3 hour bus ride.  She also got her cell turned on and we got my money exchanged to yen.  80cents to every $1.
Called Teresa on telephone and told her to pick me up at 9:15.  Hitomi~san took me to the bus stop and waited with me till I got on the bus.  I'm now blogging and taking the 3 hour bus ride to Utsumomiyia.

No comments:

Post a Comment