Cherry Blossoms

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 3 Tuesday Grocery Sales and Strongest Storm in Japan Since 1959

Today I have spent my day getting my laundry done and catching up on my blogs.  Went to grocery store with Kozue this morning. She told me that every Tuesday at 10am  the grocery store has big sales and you must be there early.  I was totally amazed at the number of people in the store. It was almost scary to see them all grabbing for things reminds me of those early sales in USA during Christmas.  I strolled around while she shopped and she found me and we waited in line so I could purchase a strawberry Coolish.  I really like it, its icecream in a packet that you squeeze the icecream out to eat it.  I put in freezer when I got back to the house to save for one night when I want something sweet to eat.  She bought me a cream puff on the way out of the store.  I watched the girl filled it with vanilla pudding.  Yummy.  When I got back to the house I made hot coffee and ate that cream puff. :-)
This morning the weather is windy but no rain.  I'm glad that will give my laundry time to dry.




It is so very windy outside right now and rainy, its not a good day to be outside doing anything.  The wind is picking up and its dark outside.  This weather has been so unpredictable since I have been here.  Never know what its going to do outside. Just pulled up the internet and this story has been printed about the awful weather we are having.


Japan’s Strongest Storm Since 1959 Forecast to Slam Into Tokyo

By Chris Cooper, Kiyotaka Matsuda and Stuart Biggs - Apr 3, 2012 1:22 AM CT

Airlines canceled hundreds of flights, some train services were halted and thousands of workers went home early as Japan’s weather agency forecast the strongest winds in more than 50 years will hit Tokyo today.
A storm crossing Japan from the southwest is forecast to hit the capital with sustained winds of up to 90 kilometers an hour (56 miles per hour), Takeo Tanaka, head of the weather advisory office at the Japan Meteorological Agency, said in a telephone interview today. The winds are expected to reach peak strength in Tokyo between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m., the agency said.
Enlarge image
A storm passing over Japan is seen in this satellite image acquired at 13:00 JST, on Tuesday, April 3, 2012. Source: Japan Meteorological Agency via Bloomberg
Sustained winds of 90 kilometers per hour would be the strongest to hit the capital since 1959, when a storm hit Tokyo with winds of 97 kph, data from the weather agency show. The low-pressure front formed over the Sea of Japan, the agency said.
“It’s very unusual for Tokyo to have such strong winds when there’s not a typhoon,” Tanaka said. “People should try to avoid going out.”
All Nippon Airways Co. (9202) and Japan Airlines Co. (9201), the nation’s two largest airlines, canceled nearly 300 flights, stranding more than 32,000 passengers. All Nippon scrapped 139 flights, affecting about 13,000 people, the airline said in a faxed statement, while Japan Air canceled 160 domestic flights that had 23,740 passengers. Both airlines warned that international services may also be disrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment