Cherry Blossoms

Monday, April 9, 2012

Out in the Boon Docks 4-7-12

Look close and you can see 2 plastic lawn chairs on the roof.
Tacked on the fence was a Cafe sign, of course, it didn't work but looked very old and weathered. 
 Entrance to the Cafe was a canoe hanging on two posts that we had to duck to go under so as to not hit our heads. Ric is giving it a second look or maybe he is trying to read what is written on the side of the canoe.  The only think I could read was the OPEN sign which was all I needed to know :-)
 Once I was under the canoe and into the yard I just stood there and thought should we really be going here?  Almost looks like a Do NOT TRESPASS SIGN should be hanging out front and not CAFE LOL
 OK, I am up to the door do I go in or run and tell Ric and Teresa I'll stay in the car and wait for them. There was running water that sounded nice but still I'm very Leary about entering.  I figure it can't be all bad as they have been there before and wanted to return.  They say the coffee is the BEST.
 We were greeted at the door and the guy that greeted us looked like a Japanese hippie from way back. Long hair and I'll just post a picture.










 His wife greeted us with a very friendly smile and took our orders.  We all decided to try the chi tea.There were many items inside to look at decorated in hodge podge.  They found things and just put up in the cafe to decorate with.  I did enjoy looking around at the many different items they had displayed. There also was a guy enjoying a cup of coffee sitting by the window reading a book. He looked relaxed as he sat there.
 
 I was given a questioner and was asked to fill it out.  He spoke very little English Ric and Teresa translated for me what he wanted me to do.They ask me the questions and I gave them my answers.

 The man that ran the shop was a Sensei for Japanese Steele Drums.  Below is a picture of his band.

 Our chi tea was delivered with a smile to our table and I CAN honestly say it was hot and delicious.
 Glad I got to experience this out in the Boon Docks kind of place.


No comments:

Post a Comment