Cherry Blossoms

Monday, April 9, 2012

Toyko Sky Tree plus Hanimi Can't Get any Better Than This!!

Ric is still taking my pictures for me today, and with all the traveling we have been doing by car, subway and train I'm glad its him carrying it.  What a blessing to just walk around and not have to worry about missing a shot.......A day to give me a break from camera face. LOL
It is hard to believe that after a 9.0 earthquake that they would build the Tokyo Sky Tree.  This tower is the tallest free standing tower at 2,080 feet.  It is built on unstable ground but they say that it will not topple even by the strongest earthquake. REALLY?  Couldn't get reservations to go up in tower as it is already reserved for  the next 6 months.  We are by the Sumida River viewing this magnificent tower. Hanimi was going on along the river making this even more special. Standing under the cherry blossom trees viewing the tower, now let me tell you that is awesome.  I did get my shaking kimono girl doll from Asakusa for my Mom while we were in this location and near the hundreds of shops.  Mom will happy as she had requested me to get her one. Thanks to Teresa who found it in a small shop very quickly.  We saw and icecream shop and went and got some yummy just what I needed for some more energy.  Now on to the next destination.
 
 
 Asahi Beer Company Tokyo, Japan










 People enjoying a boat tour down the Sumida River looking at the beauty of the Sukura trees and Tokyo Sky Tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment