Cherry Blossoms

Monday, April 2, 2012

Koga City, Japan Peach Blooming Trees April 1

We were in 4 prefectures and I am not sure how many little towns today just checking out the beautiful blossoms.... saw Peach , Plum, and some Cherry Blossoms ... It was a beautiful day to tour around.

Had breakfast with Susumo as I do every morning. Kozue always has breakfast made for the both of us.  I feel so bad that she never sits down with us, she told me she just has some juice or fruit in the morning.  No wonder she is so thin.  During our morning English lessons Susumo got up and went into his room and brought out a beautiful bottle that had at one time sake in it.  He is giving this beautiful bottle to Ric since Ric likes things like this.  He then brought out 2 antique fans from China for one of his visits to this country.  He asked if I would like to have and I could not believe he was going to give to me.  The fan is totally gorgeous. Thank you Susumo :-)
Kozue waited outside with me till Teresa and Ric arrived.  She gave Ric the jug and Ric was happy to have it.  Very unique gift to Ric, she gave Teresa the antique fan and she loved it as much as I do.  Such kind thoughtful people. I again want to express how happy I am to be staying with Susumo and Kozue.  I feel at home and comfy around them.  Just wish their cats would be a little more friendly.  LOL
Our first part of the journey will be going to a park that might have some peach blooming trees.  We stopped before arriving to the park and looked at a beautiful magnolia tree is full bloom.  Loving the beauty of this flowering tree.
On to the park now and we are in search of the beautiful peach trees.  We walked around and found some pretty yellow trees in bloom.  Also I noticed there are many baseball games going on today.
Teresa and I spot some a couple over on this row of equipment that looked like exercise equipment.  The closer we got we could not believe but that's exactly what it was.  We watched them and when they were done we also tried it out.  

Have to leave this park and get moving towards the city of Koga.  Ric parked the car and we went into welcome center.  Inside we bought some Japanese candy and I got my picture taken with the Peach Princess.  I just loved the color of her kimono and the beautiful smile on her face showed she was proud to be the princess.
It's time to go tour around Koga City.  I did find it odd that in the middle of town people would hang out their futons and clothing to dry by hanging outside their windows.   
Toured around the town and found a tea shop.  We were greeted with cups of hot green tea in sukura shaped cups so unique.  Together we sat and enjoyed the hot tea.  Teresa purchased a few items for her tea class.
The city is ready for the peach festival but the trees aren't.  Looks like they have rescheduled this event for next week in hopes that this warm weather will bring on the peach blossoms.
Toured around the town looking at the new homes that have been built due to earthquake.  Many new style Japanese homes there are minimum amount of old homes left.  A new warehouse is being built that had all copper rain gutters, so nice.
CHECK OUT this peach tree in bloom, wow such a beautiful flowering tree.  LOVE LOVE LOVE this flower.
 Plum tree in full bloom the smell is so nice.
Thanks Ric and Teresa for the time you have taken out of your schedules to spend with me and show me the beauty of Japan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment