Cherry Blossoms

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Yoyogi Park Tokyo, Japan

Arriving by train to Yoyogi Park and the closer we got to the park the more people we saw.  I knew it was going to be crowded.  We slowly made our way to the entrance to the park and went in.  There was entertainment going on and I was anxious to see what all the commotion was all about.  We saw Yogi doing a dance and performers dancing to some Elvis music.  Also watched some swing dancers dancing to you guessed it, Elvis, too.  The blue tarps covered every inch of the surface under the Sakura trees and I could not believe the line at the bathroom.  The line stretched as far as you could see, both men and women.    Everyone in line held a beverage and it seems that by the time you reached the bathroom that you would just be getting back in line to use again.  I honestly have never seen a restroom line this long before.  I was totally amazed that no matter how much they had to drink they all made sure their trash was bagged up and put in the correct location.  I watched a person actually stumbling with a bag of trash but still managed to get it in the correct location.  In Ohio USA, I would never expect this kind of respect for the land.  So this really impressed me.  The person dressed up as Yogi was exactly what  I expected.  This trip to Tokyo has been awesome, I have seen so many sakura trees what a great weekend for Honami.














No comments:

Post a Comment