Cherry Blossoms

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Farewell Dinner by Host Family 4-7-12

We are having farewell dinner tonight as its the weekend and will be easier for them to prepare.  The hard work that Susumo put into this dinner will be forever etched in my mind.  He wanted to make me beef stew.  I went to the grocery store with him to get his supplies to make the dinner.  He spent Friday evening till 3 am to start preparing the meat.  They do not have a crock pot and he used something like a burner that used coal to heat it.  Guess that's why he spent the evening preparing as the coals must stay hot.  The next morning he was up early working on the meal for tonight. My heart is aching to think that in a few more days I must say farewell to Susumo and Kozue.  They are both the sweetest people ever.  I am lucky to have met and made such wonderful friends.  When Teresa, Ric and myself got back to host family's house from a day of touring we found Susumo and his grandson U out on the deck grilling some Yakitori and negima (onion).  


Susumo placed a bottle of white wine in ice in preparation for dinner. 

 We drank bottles of wine and enjoyed conversation around the table.   Kozue did a great job with the table setting and made leaves fried in tempura batter. She had taken them from her own trees. I truly enjoyed them, so very tasty. 
 Later we played card games that I have never played before but all the games were fun. 
It's getting late so I wanted some pictures of everyone before they left to go home. The first picture is of me and the Ikebana I made for them.
 Susumo and U
 Ric & Teresa
MY BEST FRIENDS


No comments:

Post a Comment